Follow by Email

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter to all!
It is with great sadness and admiration that I forward a message from Mrs. Watson:

From: Watson, Anick
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 7:22 AM
To: Woodson, Elizabeth (Beth); Harkey, Linda; Harrington, Alix
Subject: mom

Dear Beth, Alix, Linda,

Mom passed away this morning at 10:40.  She was a very religious person and I think that she would have liked the idea of leaving this earth on Good Friday.  It is hard for those who are left behind, but she is at peace now and not suffering.

My brother from Australia and South Africa will not get here until Monday.  This will be the first time since 1965 that all nine of us will be in the same country.

I am eternally grateful to Duncan and Patti for allowing me to leave my job for a short while to be with my mom and family.  Thank you to all of you for taking on the extra work in my absence.  I am grateful to the staff and parents for all their support.

I will keep you posted.  Please pass on the information to the staff and parents.

Thanks again for all your help.
Anick

Please keep Mrs. Watson in your thoughts as her family gathers to celebrate the life of Mrs. Simone .  Thank you.

In math and reading, I will continue reviewing test taking strategies for our STAAR test. 

This week we will continue working on our ecosystem project.  Your children have been busy working in groups researching the plant and animal life of various ecosystems: ocean, grasslands, ponds and lakes, salt marches and forests.  This week they will finalize and present their findings to our class. We will also discuss the importance of food chains .



We will also begin researching an animal of choice. Your child will select an animal, discuss its particular ecosystem, eating habits and some interesting facts.  They will have the choice to present the information using:
§  Google docs ( Presentation)
§  PowerPoint
§  Poster board to present information.

I’m going to once again email the links to learn our states.  They will take a test this Thursday.  Thanks.



This week we will begin our study of the 7 continents.  They will create a book of interesting facts over the next few weeks starting with Africa.  Stay tuned.

Over this past year, your child has completed many projects. I have not returned some of their fabulous work.  Don’t worry--I have been busy collecting all their projects so at the end of the year, they will have a portfolio full of memories of their third grade experience.  This will be part of my end of the year gift to them.   
As always thanks so much for your continuous support.  Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment