Follow by Email

Monday, June 13, 2011

Tool # 11

. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

I plan to incorporate Animoto.  This tool will be very useful in the classroom for students to demonstrate their learning.  At the conclusion of a unit students or the classroom teacher can prepare a video to present new knowledge.  This was an easy process but a bit time consuming.  I suggest gathering all the data before creating the videos.  I hope to use this in the classroom to to check for understanding.

I also enjoyed learning about Google docs.

Documents are all stored in one single location.  Your peers all have access to your files.  Changes can be made and shared instantly on the Google docs homepage.  Team members can view those changes and comment.   One can solicit feedback from peers.  Data can also be saved and used to group students and plan instructional needs.  This is great for team planning.  Peers can share their expertise with each other



2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?

I am more comfortable accessing resources on the Internet.  I plan to begin incorporating i-touches and ipads into my classroom environment at workstations.  I will also use google docs more effectively to share and store data.   I would like to incorporate videos using You tube and Discovery kids, especially in the areas of science and social studies.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

Learning to use the tools will be an adventure with my students.  It will take perseverance .  I enjoyed learning about wallwisher to help motivate my students share and reflect about their learning.  Next year, I hope our district will have follow-up sessions to answer our questions. 






3 comments:

  1. Glad you found Animoto and see it as a useful tool for your classroom. Google Docs is another fabulous tool and I hope you can find ways to use it as well. Discovery Education has so many great videos that you could download to the iPod touches for centers. students can watch them over and over if they need to! Please email me your questions anytime. I'll be happy to help! karen.justl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Yor are done. I agree with Karen J. ..google docs is a great way to get students involved with the curriculum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing WAY before me! I love the fact that we will be able to keep in touch this way. :)

    ReplyDelete